Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you ship patterns on CD-ROM?
- Do you offer custom patterns?
- Can I include my designs in your catalog?
- Do you offer quilting services?
- How do I get my patterns once I have paid for my order?
- I have paid for my patterns, but have not received an email for my order yet?
- What file format does my quilting machine use?
- Can I receive copies of the patterns I have purchased?
If you wish to have patterns shipped on CD-ROM, please note your request in the space provided by PayPal for comments.
Patterns purchased from the website or catalog may be modified to suit your quilting design, on request and free of charge, with the designers permission. Custom pattern design and digitizing is provided at US$35 per hour. Typical cost for a custom pattern is between US$35 and US$50 depending on complexity and detail. Custom patterns require a scanned image, preferably bitmap (.bmp) or jpeg (.jpg) formats. Paper patterns may be delivered to Legacy Quilting for scanning but may be cut into pieces for convenient scanning. Legacy Quilting may refuse to digitize a pattern because of possible copyright violation but will attempt to obtain permission from the designer to digitize the pattern for the customer. Custom patterns are the property of the purchaser, will not be encrypted nor included in the Legacy Quilting catalog for sale without permission.
Pattern designers are invited to join the Legacy Quilting catalog to sell designs. Income sharing ratios are based on relative levels of responsibilities for the designer and Legacy Quilting. Designs by quilters often fill a need experienced by other quilters who appreciate the opportunity to buy the design.
No. Jane Mitchell has retired from quilting for customers.
After you have completed payment on PayPal you will be redirected immediately to a Legacy Quilting page to download your patterns. Do not close the Legacy Quilting website until the download page has been viewed. You will also be sent an email with a link to download your patterns.
Your email may have been caught in a SPAM filter, please check your Junk Mail folder for an email from . Please add the email addresses of and to your address book to avoid having emails about quilting patterns placed in your junk or spam folders.
- Statler Stitcher, HandiQuilter and QBot; qli format (QBot machines require that the qli format be converted to 4D format within QBot software.)
- IntelliQuilter; iqp format
- CompuQuilter and SideSaddle; cqp format
- Machine Quilting Robot; mqr format
Legacy Quilting will provide, at any time and at no cost, a copy of any pattern previously purchased. This may be necessary due to catastrophic loss, change of format, change of computer, etc.